RALLY MY FELLOW MEMBERS

Forums Main General Discussion RALLY MY FELLOW MEMBERS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Zyx78boy 
    Participant
      • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

Ok, so here’s the deal.

Quag made this thread —>http://www.mmnb.org/apps/forums/topics/show/8422012-help-support-the-mmnb-community <—- not too long ago. I dont want a near-complete shutdown of community circulation for too long of an extended time. So, following Quag’s post he made on that thread at 5:58 P.M (WST or EST I think…?) Im calling for everyone in the community to CLICK ON EVERY-FUCKING ADVERTISEMENT ON THIS WEBSITE.

I know I’m still not an admin, but I still care for the community, so yeah, let’s do our part to keep MMNB afloat.

k every1??? :3

EDIT: Took out the first part before people start ganging up on me, but yeah, click on ads, make it a little easier on Quag, he’s worked hard on running the servers, a website, and the steam group.

CPT QuaG
      Keymaster
        • @cpt-quag
          • Topic Scout Icon
          • Topic Slinger Icon
          • Topic Trailblazer Icon
          • Topic Adventurer Icon

Thank you Zboy, but yet a bit strange of a post.  What does it mean, “it probably would be best if the community shuts down for a while for some changes to be made.”?

. . . . . . . In any case, to squelch any rumors that may have started because of this post, MMNB will not be going around anytime soon.  In fact, we are probably stronger than ever and now getting closer to the release of Contagion.  I will do a pitch once a year (probably around Christmas to ask for some support.  If it is given, wonderful, you people rock (espcially those that have donated in the past. . . ie Kitten, thank you).  If it is not given, well, do something (ie, click some stupid advertising or promote the website, whatever you can do). 

Thanks again to all of you who have helped without being ask.  You are truly the ones that make this community great!

Zyx78boy 
        Participant
          • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

By ”changes” I meant a couple things here and there. I think the admin list should be kicked besides you and Holmar, let the people that care about being admin enlist back up, and then set a couple of clear guidelines for who to give admin and who to not. I also think all maps except the mall maps should be removed, and then we let people come on the forums and demand that the other maps that people like be added back in. I remember having to go through list after list after list of maps to find one people like on days like Tuesday…Unless something changed, in that case sorry.

Anyways, Im sorry Quag for not knowing the full situation of the economic state of the community, I thought we might be in the situation of shutting down completely, my bad. Still, you have done a lot of work for the community over the years, so the current purpose of the thread still stands….Let’s still try to make it a little easier on ya’ buddie! :D

EDIT: Btw, I still have admin on the forums, thought you would like to know.

DrLeonSisk
            • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

You’re quite adamant on wiping the admin list Zyx. Hasn’t Quag already adressed this?

Also, i think the maps should stay as they are. I don’t play ZPS, but i’m pretty sure that people like having a variety of maps other than mall maps.

“Specifically, this community was founded to provide a server that would host all of the famous Zombie Panic Abandoned Mall Maps.”

Sure, the server has mall maps, but only specializing in only mall maps kind of seems to choke diversity. Not to mention forcing people to join the forums just to post a thread demanding to have a map seems rather ridiculous. It would annoy people, not to mention cause people to walk away from the server, After all there are other servers that host the map they want, all that would happen is that we would be feeding other servers with a silver spoon. We’d lose public attention doing so. We’d basically be shooting ourselves in the foot.

I’m sorry to say this Zyx, but you seem to have poorly seen your thoughts through.

DrLeonSisk
              • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

I looked up the thread that quag posted in, regarding the admin list. His FINAL word on the matter.

“Regarding the admin list. . . .  I am going to post this only one time. . . .  the decision for who is granted admin rights lie soley with Holmar.  It requires an act of God to remove an admin.  Recent admins who no longer have admin rights have asked to have their privledges removed on their on accord and not by someone else.  This mostly is because they are not as active anymore or feel that they cannot contribute like they once did.  Unless a current admin is interrupting gameplay by breaking MMNB Community rules, their admin will remain intact.  More importantly, I actually want more admins.  I am looking for admins who will step up and actually seed the servers.  If admin status was solely based on server gametime, Wincin would be Head Admin as  he is on the server every day.  In fact, Wincin if anyone, should be the only admin on MMNB.  This is not the case  becuase we are a team.  As a team we need need to remember that we have to work as a team.  Let’s please stop worrying about who is admin and who isn’t, who is on the server and who isn’t, who is contributing to the forums and who isn’t.  This ultimately is Holmar’s decision (and mine) and therefore I dont want things to turn into a popularity contest rather than looking out for the best interest of the community. “

CPT Quag <== Link to thread,

Shifty
                • @shifty

No Achievements Yet!

’nuff said.

Zyx78boy 
                Participant
                  • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

Deleted my wall of text in response to your first post, this isn’t the time, nor, well, thread, to discuss this.

By the way, I took out the first part, but it won’t be the last time I bring that up.

Anyways, back to clicking on ads!

Wickk
                    • @wickk

No Achievements Yet!

I agree with everything put by DrLeonSisk

Holmar
                    Participant
                      • @holmar
                        • Topic Scout Icon

Aye.

DrLeonSisk
                        • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

Glad to hear it guys. Also, I really think you should put down the hatchet on clearing the admin list Zyx. It’s Quag and Holmars decisions in the end, and have only the best intentions for the community.

You say it isn’t the time nor the thread to dicuss it. But i don’t think this is the place to discuss it, nor do i tihnk it’s welcome to do so. Let the Head Admins do their jobs, i believe we trust Quag and Holmar to have things in good care.

Tabajara
                        Participant
                          • @tabajara

No Achievements Yet!

You said everything that i was about to say now Leon.

Head Admin job is his job, he can also receive feedback, but not direct orders from other admins or members.

Zyx78boy 
                          Participant
                            • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

Guys! All I did was answer Quag’s question! I didn’t even order anything, I was throwing my opinion out there. Leon, stop bashing me, will you guys stop making me look like Hitler if I removed my second post in this thread?

How come whenever someone bashes me, everyone is so quick to support that same person. This is constant! It happened with Goose, Revan, and Matt back in July, and nothing was done with any of that, even though they outright insulted me. It happened when I tried to suggest a Gmod server, and everyone tossed that to the side, while naming every little reason to say no to it. I was also bashed when I tried to point out why Camper’s story was BS. But my first post was removed without warning, or even notification. 

Look, sorry for posting my opinions/suggestions, I’m just going to stop suggesting things, and keep all of my, seemingly, horrible opinions to myself.

By the way, locking the thread, let’s just click on some ads and be done with it.

DrLeonSisk
                              • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

The Gmod server was shot down because Quag’s already running 3 servers. The bandwith seems to barely be enough for the third server it seems. (Not to mention it crashes at a regular rate. Have you looked into that Quag?) So basically the idea was put to the side. It was a good idea, but the resources aren’t available.

Not to mention when Contagion comes out, we’ll probably have another server up, unless Quag stabs a knife into NMRIH’s second server to make it a Contagion one to cut costs. The Second NMRIH server has been pretty useful though, it has been catching more players, so easing the flow on the first NMRIH server. People like the NMRIH servers, hell i went ot the MMNb server at first because it had low ping! It wasn’t laggy, had low ping, a good server. So i continued playing, forward a couple months and here i am.

Zyx, we didn’t bash you for trying to point out why his story was BS. We merely all agreed on that it’s better safe than sorry.

“Talked this over with Holmar, best safe than sorry Zyx. And if it was a joke, it’s pretty morbid.”

Taco replied with this.

“I think that’s how we all are doing this”

edit: Nearly forgot. Bless Campers worthless piece of crap soul

DrLeonSisk
                                • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

Also, sorry for unlocking the thread, but stomping off with misinformation on the thread is just wrong.

Edit: Also, copied the entire page just in case the thread is altered/deleted.

Zyx78boy 
                                Participant
                                  • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

You know, I am sorry, I overreact easily, and I hate it when people disagree with me. But Leon, I did feel like you were constantly assaulting me in this thread, and I was bothered pretty heavily by it because I felt like it was unwarranted (spelling?).

Anyways…Thread is really badly off-topic, so let’s both just drop it.

Thread-relocked

Oh yeah, and it’s okay that you unlocked it for a minute, I don’t care. :P

EDIT: 100 posts! Yay!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password