Contagion Review by CPT QuaG

Forums Game Forums Contagion Contagion Review by CPT QuaG

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CPT QuaG
    Keymaster
      • @cpt-quag
        • Topic Scout Icon
        • Topic Slinger Icon
        • Topic Trailblazer Icon
        • Topic Adventurer Icon

Zombie Gamer’s get ready to rock . . . . . Contagion, yes, its finally here! Monochrome Games did not disappoint. This game delivers on everything that I could imagine a Zombie Game would. You start out choosing one of eight different characters. Currently there are three different game types/modes for Contagion. The first game mode, Hunted (map prefix, ch) offers standard player versus player (PvP) with the old Zombie Panic idea where a human when killed turns into a zombie and then kills. It is a true PvP all the way to the end of the round. The second game mode is Extraction (map prefix, cx). Extraction requires your team to work as a co-op group to find survivors using your GPS mobile phone, secure their location and wait for extraction. While you wait, hordes of zombies will try to siege and breach the house / area you are securing. You will be alerted by mobile phone of extraction information. The final game-mode is Escape (map prefix, ce). This mode requires you and your team to escape from a building. You will be presented with obstacles around the map that will require you to “adapt and overcome.”

Currently there are four different maps for these game modes. Aurora Estates offers both Hunted and Extraction game-modes. For another Hunted game-mode, you can also play Cyprus Park. Finally, for a true escape map, Roanoke PD is currently the only exclusive map available for this experience.

While no game can be perfect for everyone, Contagion is pretty damn close. With this first beta release, this game is a very well polished piece of gaming mastery. You can absolutely see the groundwork that is being laid for some extremely great ideas around Gameplay, maps, weapons and objectives. The graphics and art work are extremely detailed. Gameplay is extremely smooth and realistic. The AI with this game is remarkable. This is the first Zombie Game whereby I got the true sense of how Zombies can be not only relentless but extremely dangerous in groups. Probably the most outstanding part of the apocalyptic environment that Monochrome Games has created is the audio mastery. The sounds are perfect. They are not only perfect, they are an extremely important part of the game. Distant gun shots, footsteps, objects moving all lend to triggering a response from zombies, but sometimes worse than that, other humans.

I look forward to seeing a game-mode that is more in tune with a Zombie Panic Source co-op survival mode. Extraction is pretty close, however leveraging some of ZPS’ zombie versus human team environments I think would add a nice touch to those die hard ZPS fans who support contagion.

I highly recommend purchasing your copy of Contagion today!

Rivet
        • @rivet
          • Topic Scout Icon
          • Topic Trailblazer Icon

Excellent review.  I’ve been playing since the Beta and agree completely that this one is a masterpiece.  Well done, Monochrome. :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password