MMNB War Z Server

Forums Game Forums Infestation: The New Z MMNB War Z Server

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Malek 
    Participant
      • @malek

No Achievements Yet!

Well now that server rentals are out, I figured we would discuss what we want once we all decide to get a MMNB server for WARZ

Is this something that is planned on?

Personally I suggest we wait until server prices go down and they add an admin tool, since until then, you are basically paying for a “Name your own public server” or password protect a server that no one will play on.

Until that time I think server hopping is perfectly fine, doesnt cause any problems for me really. And as far as loot goes, I think that currently loot is so broken that even if we rent our own server the odds of finding something useful are less that if we server hop.

nconceivable 
      Participant
        • @inconceivable

No Achievements Yet!

100 bucks for one? Anyone want to donate? :DDD

CPT QuaG
        Keymaster
          • @cpt-quag
            • Topic Scout Icon
            • Topic Slinger Icon
            • Topic Trailblazer Icon
            • Topic Adventurer Icon

As soon as War Z opens up to allow private hosting, I am most likely going to create one.  The original features pages listed this as an opcoming reality, so at this point . . . . just waiting!

Malek 
          Participant
            • @malek

No Achievements Yet!

CPT QuaG at February 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM

As soon as War Z opens up to allow private hosting, I am most likely going to create one.  The original features pages listed this as an opcoming reality, so at this point . . . . just waiting!

I wonder how they will monitor private server hosting.

Since a lot of abuse can be done with character data being able to transfer from private servers to public ones.

I mean imagine players being able to come on your server, and with admin commands, you can teleport them to you, kill them, then take their stuff.

They obviously would have to have a way to block private servers known for abuse, but I wouldnt be surprised if they limit admin commands.

Not to mention they would probably block private servers that have hackers, just cause they really wouldnt have any banning power on private servers as far as I know.

CPT QuaG
            Keymaster
              • @cpt-quag
                • Topic Scout Icon
                • Topic Slinger Icon
                • Topic Trailblazer Icon
                • Topic Adventurer Icon

I think regardless of private or public rental server, abuse and hacking will continue to be an issue until the developers can put some better controls in place.  If there is an announcement to allow privately hosted War Z servers, we will definately put one up.  I am also looking at Day Z when the standalone becomes available with private server hosting offerings. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password