Graphics card help

Forums Main General Discussion Graphics card help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zoeyz
    Participant
      • @zoeyz

No Achievements Yet!

Hey guys I need some help with this. Would this 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7373215&Sku=P450-54500

(More in detail specs) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150655

Be worth buying? I think just about anything would be better sence im using a intergrated graphics card. My real problem is will it fit in this and will it be able to run well in this?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01623239&lc=en&product=3870526#N1170

It says 400 PSU is needed but I looked and it a lot of people said 160 PSU would work. My biggest  worry is that It might not work with with my PSU seeing as its 240 watts under the recommended.

I would apperciate the help if anyone can give me any.

CPT QuaG
      Keymaster
        • @cpt-quag
          • Topic Scout Icon
          • Topic Slinger Icon
          • Topic Trailblazer Icon
          • Topic Adventurer Icon

Taco, that is going to be pretty tough with only a 160w power supply.  Your CPU alone is going to be  taking up 45w at normal operation.  It will require a larger power draw as you are gaming.  That doesn’t leave a lot left over.  The graphics card you are looking at is requiring a 400w Power supply with a 450w recommended power supply.  I have a feeling if you try this, you will cause issues with your CPU.  In fact, your board may not even power up when you try installing the new card without a larger power supply.  Also, the power supply that is included with your current PC most likely doesnt have the video card 5v power adapters you are going to need.

The HP motherboard that is in this mini PC can handle the Graphics Card, however that is if  you are using a much larger power supply.  The design of this mini-pc is for space constraints and unfortunately not power (such as gaming).  My recommendation if you really want to do something is to pull everything out of that case, add a new power supply (700w) and then purchase a 6x5x (or higher) series or 7x5x (or higher) series ATI video card.  Then get yourself a cheap (but nice) ATX case and add everything back into it.

Zoeyz
        Participant
          • @zoeyz

No Achievements Yet!

I was hoping I was going to upgrade cheap. I knew I would be wrong xD Thank you Quag for helping me.

nconceivable 
          Participant
            • @inconceivable

No Achievements Yet!

Don’t fry your shit either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password