The War Z Review by CPT QuaG

Forums Game Forums Infestation: The New Z The War Z Review by CPT QuaG

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CPT QuaG
    Keymaster
      • @cpt-quag
        • Topic Scout Icon
        • Topic Slinger Icon
        • Topic Trailblazer Icon
        • Topic Adventurer Icon

Many of you may already had the opportunity to play The War Z developed by Hammerpoint Interactive.  My first impression was pretty impressive.  To sum it up, this is basically World of Warcraft and Counterstrike mixed together with a zombie theme.  After playing this game for a bit longer, I realized that the game was more about killing humans than zombies.  It doesnt seem like there is enough pressure from zombies at all on the humans that are playing.  There is also a huge disparity between those who first start playing and those that have a massive arsenal of weapons to kill Noobs. 

As I did a bit of research, I was informed that Valve pulled this game from steam due to, “allegations of plagiarism, false advertising and lack of oversight are just the beginning.”  While one can ask for a refund back for puchasing this game, I am going to hold onto it to see what happens over the next few months.  There is some great potential here, but for now, I am somewhat disappointed. 

Some suggestions (as I am just talking to the community and probably should post in their forums, however I am too lazy). . . .

• Humans should always spawn in safezones in order to alleviate “spawn” killing
      • Buildings should have way more detail than what they currently have, most buildings are almost completely empty, need much better models
      • Ability to drive vehicles.  The initial map “Colorado” is huge.  Driving would make a lot of sense in an apolocolypic world (obviously you would have to scavange for gas and possbiliy car parts when needed
      • Team co-op play.  This game is built on not trusting others.  There should be game play based on how zombies horde humans that “require” humans to work together to survive
      • Community establishment.  In the safe zones, you should have the ability to purchase items and trade with local merchants
      • Ability to build and repair.  If you are in a post apocolypic time, you should have the ablity to repair buildings and fortify and secure those same buildings

Those are just a few of many suggestions.  Feel free to check this game out.  I am sure as it is better developed and gains in popularity, we may adopt this into our community. . . I will keep everyone posted on the development of this game. 

Aharmlesskitten
        • @aharmlesskitten

No Achievements Yet!

Those idea’s are pretty good Quag! I agree, the game is way to solo based, it would be more enjoyable with a team or squad. Safe zones sound nice, as well as the local merchants!

Holmar
        Participant
          • @holmar
            • Topic Scout Icon

It seems pretty good,Havent tryed it out yet but every one is saying it’s an rip off day z,and it’s pretty sad that you can’t drive,need to run some zombies over on a big rig

Zoeyz
          Participant
            • @zoeyz

No Achievements Yet!

I suggest you dont post it on the fourms unless you want the money you paid for WarZ to be a waist. I’m not 100% sure if they changed their ways but how it seems to be going is that anyone that 

1. Opposes their decisions.
            2. Question them in anyway.
            3. Tell them your suggestions.
            4. A few different things.

Gets banned. LOTS of people got banned for no reason. I did hear to get on Steam they had to clean them selfs up a bit but im not sure how true that is (seeing that they are now off of steam) So before you do post on their fourms i suggest you do some reasearch. Hate to see someone get scamed out of money. I did see gameplay of it and it dosent seem too horrible. I am interetsted to see were this all heads too. Again we need to remember that this game is still in BETA (Im pretty sure its out of Alpha) but here is a story i loved about warZ

http://kotaku.com/5969927/some-war-z-images-were-ripped-from-the-walking-dead

Dan22 
              • @dan22

No Achievements Yet!

If you want to read an news article on that incident theres one here.

News Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20796455

But don’t let this stop you from buying the game you can get it at http://www.thewarz.com And it is a great game! and good ideas Quag!

Zyx78boy 
              Participant
                • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

Bah, I haven’t played it, but watched a 40 minute LP of it. To be honest, I think it looks like shit, the graphics are horrible, the models are poorly done, it’s extremely boring, and after seeing all the shit the devs did, I dont even want to pay money for it to support their greedy asses.

Fathomless 
                Participant
                  • @fathomless

No Achievements Yet!

Sounds really cool.

DrLeonSisk
                    • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

*Holds torch and pitchfork* Yeah, i’m not really for The War Z, but that’s personal preferance.

People can buy the game if they want, but i’m not taking part of the game after everything that’s been circulating that game. In my eyes it’s being circled by buzzards like a person about to die.

Zyx78boy 
                    Participant
                      • @zyx78boy

No Achievements Yet!

DrLeonSisk at December 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

*Holds torch and pitchfork* Yeah, i’m not really for The War Z, but that’s personal preferance.

People can buy the game if they want, but i’m not taking part of the game after everything that’s been circulating that game. In my eyes it’s being circled by buzzards like a person about to die.

Yeah, I think the devs are in legal trouble too.

CPT QuaG
                      Keymaster
                        • @cpt-quag
                          • Topic Scout Icon
                          • Topic Slinger Icon
                          • Topic Trailblazer Icon
                          • Topic Adventurer Icon
                        DrLeonSisk
                          • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

ಠ_ಠ “…if anything I owe thanks to that vocal minority and admit that I should have paid attention sooner.” Concerning his open letter, i wonder who he got to proofread and edit it. Did they get a PR team? He is right about his words not meaning much to some.

I agree on the news page’s last words. “though it might be a case of too little, too late at this point.”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password