nms_insanity_v1

Forums Game Forums No More Room In Hell nms_insanity_v1

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Acegoat
    Participant
      • @acegoat

No Achievements Yet!

My map is now on the servers.

DrLeonSisk
        • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

So, I have tried the new map. It seems still to be a work in progress, which’s fine, because it is after all only version 1.

The map seems incredibly large to only have 2 areas to protect. You could shave off parts of the map itself, but you could also add more areas to protect. Maybe 3 instead of 2? And in having that, having more areas where the zombies could spawn from. Only having 2, (I have only seen two areas the zombies could spawn)

But in turn, having more spawning areas for the undead seems a bit too underwhelming, due to them being scattered and in lessened amounts i suppose.That makes them easier to take down. In a room near B, you see a hospital bedby itself in a rather spacious room with almost nothing inside, maybe that could be transformed into a room where they held infected patients on the beds?Just place the hospital beds on both sides with some blood and bodies on them to give it a hospital quarantine feel.

There is also a glitched room that just has pure black and see through walls if I remember correctly.

The spawn room. Now that i look at it from inside the game, it really shouldn’t have the feel of an entrance. It could be converted into a supply room that was raided before the survivors held up inside? Some metal cabinets (Don’t know the exact name for those cabinet like things in storage areas..) Could bethe same size of what it already is, just remove the glass doors and cars that are behind that and make it just a wall, and you have yourself a supply room. With that one door to get out of it that is there.

The “entrance” to the hospital could be placed near where the zombies spawn in the lobby. In my mind (Or even better, could be instead where the zombies spawn from), i imagine that the entrance should be near the lobby to be a bit more hospital feeling, after all being immersed makes a zombie map even better.

Zipping back to me telling you about the glitched room that’s very dark and glitched, you could make that room smaller and have it be where zombies could spawn from.

The lobby could also use more of the blue row chairs against the walls of the lobby, instead of just in the middle bunched up by the broken pillar. The supply drop zone could also be instead of just being a empty room, be the office space for the hospital, where they held documents on patients and the such. Could be made smaller, and in the entrance from the lobby to that office room, be a reception desk “L” shaped, with some computers there.

I’m sorry for barraging you with all of this, but it is just that the map feels a bit empty and spacious for what it has. By the way, near point B, there seems to be some graffiti that really doesn’t stand in with the hospital itself, something about a revolution.

And my final point for this post, my opinion on the supply drops.I think it would be best to be changed to be every 3 rounds. Sorry, it’s just a little quirk of mine, where i feel having it every round makes it feels really easy. I like watching people actually conserve and be smart with their ammuniton and use melee weapons more than the guns themselves.

Acegoat
        Participant
          • @acegoat

No Achievements Yet!

DrLeonSisk at October 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM

So, I have tried the new map. It seems still to be a work in progress, which’s fine, because it is after all only version 1.

The map seems incredibly large to only have 2 areas to protect. You could shave off parts of the map itself, but you could also add more areas to protect. Maybe 3 instead of 2? And in having that, having more areas where the zombies could spawn from. Only having 2, (I have only seen two areas the zombies could spawn)

But in turn, having more spawning areas for the undead seems a bit too underwhelming, due to them being scattered and in lessened amounts i suppose.That makes them easier to take down. In a room near B, you see a hospital bedby itself in a rather spacious room with almost nothing inside, maybe that could be transformed into a room where they held infected patients on the beds?Just place the hospital beds on both sides with some blood and bodies on them to give it a hospital quarantine feel.

There is also a glitched room that just has pure black and see through walls if I remember correctly.

The spawn room. Now that i look at it from inside the game, it really shouldn’t have the feel of an entrance. It could be converted into a supply room that was raided before the survivors held up inside? Some metal cabinets (Don’t know the exact name for those cabinet like things in storage areas..) Could bethe same size of what it already is, just remove the glass doors and cars that are behind that and make it just a wall, and you have yourself a supply room. With that one door to get out of it that is there.

The “entrance” to the hospital could be placed near where the zombies spawn in the lobby. In my mind (Or even better, could be instead where the zombies spawn from), i imagine that the entrance should be near the lobby to be a bit more hospital feeling, after all being immersed makes a zombie map even better.

Zipping back to me telling you about the glitched room that’s very dark and glitched, you could make that room smaller and have it be where zombies could spawn from.

The lobby could also use more of the blue row chairs against the walls of the lobby, instead of just in the middle bunched up by the broken pillar. The supply drop zone could also be instead of just being a empty room, be the office space for the hospital, where they held documents on patients and the such. Could be made smaller, and in the entrance from the lobby to that office room, be a reception desk “L” shaped, with some computers there.

I’m sorry for barraging you with all of this, but it is just that the map feels a bit empty and spacious for what it has. By the way, near point B, there seems to be some graffiti that really doesn’t stand in with the hospital itself, something about a revolution.

And my final point for this post, my opinion on the supply drops.I think it would be best to be changed to be every 3 rounds. Sorry, it’s just a little quirk of mine, where i feel having it every round makes it feels really easy. I like watching people actually conserve and be smart with their ammuniton and use melee weapons more than the guns themselves.

Thanks for the suggestions, they are really great! The reason the supply drops is every one round is because I was testing if it fell through the whole of the ceiling, but when I got it to I forgot to put back the supply drop to every 4 rounds.

I love the idea of changing the spawn to a storage room, it will make a good story to the map. I have also added more props to the map and fixed some bug with the room outside and it stopping zombies from walking through.

But I am having a problem at the moment with the map for some reason when I generate a new navigation mesh it stops zombies from spawning, which is annoying…

I will add a new Zone and a few more zombie spawns.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password