New Map Idea (On Hold)

Forums Game Forums No More Room In Hell New Map Idea (On Hold)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Acegoat
    Participant
      • @acegoat

No Achievements Yet!

Hey.

I have been going over a sketch for a new map, it will be in a road, with 6 to 8 houses and a park. After the hospital outbreak the zombies spread to place near the hospital and are continuing to spread. Your player has been waken up in their house (Each player will spawn in a different house) to find your road as been infected, you must fight the zombies off.

Got any ideas? Share them with me.

Thanks.

DrLeonSisk
        • @drleonsisk

No Achievements Yet!

First off, don’t make the zombies spawn in the road, if possible, at the end of both streets, and maybe behind the houses as well, allowing them to spill inwards into the street and into the houses.

Also, was gonig to post this in your insanity v1.5 thread (I forgot), scenery, a background. Town in the back ground or something. I’m not very weel acquainted with whats at the NMRIH map making disposal, but something would be nice. Maybe some woods, some buildings, maybe both, woods on one side and some buildings on the other. Maybe some smoke in the distance to show the damage the infection has already caused. But, that could also lag people.. Hm.

The supply drop area could be in the middle of the street between the houses, therefore causing the players to put themselves at risk to grba supplies. Especially when they know that the round is going to start soon. (They still always go even if warned. *twitch*) Anyway, added risk to grabbing the supplies.

Also, immersion (another suggestion for Insanity too), you could add sounds in the background. Something like gunshots in the distance and undead moaning. Also, what time of the day is the zombie map going to be based in? Insanity really didn’t give a feel, it looked like the building was floating in the middle of nowhere, scenery and sounds could be placed in the map too.

Good idea in splitting people up though, would like to see how that turns out. But how many houses are you planning? Are you dividing them up evenly? By 2 or 4 people? 2 would be 4 houses, 4 would be 2, creating a small map while 4 would be a bit medium sized. But 4 would cause the zombes to be spread a little thin. Maybe 2? Hmm…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password